The Greenbrier Humane Society was established in 1965, and incorporated in 1986 as a non-profit organization. Since its formation, the GHS has grown with the needs of the rural communities it serves. The Greenbrier Humane Society coordinates several programs. These programs include the spay/neuter program, adoption, lost & found and educational programs with area schools.
Our Mission Statement
The Primary mission of the Greenbrier Humane Society is to protect animals from neglect, abuse and exploitation: to advocate for their interest and welfare: and to inspire awareness and compassion for all living things.
- Come take advantage of our 1/2 OFF ADOPTION EVENT today until 5pm!!! Also we still have enough sponsorship money to cover the adoption of 5 dogs & 3 cats!!!27 minutes ago
The shelter is FULL so please come by & save a life!
- Our wonderfully sweet girl who was brought in after being thrown from a truck yesterday has been adopted to a wonderful home where she has a little boy to grow up with!!!!30 minutes ago
- Today's Stats:18 hours ago
Intakes: 4 Dogs, 2 Cats, 1 Kitten
Adoptions: 1 Kitten
- We currently have enough sponsorship money to pay for 5 dogs & 3 cats while we are running our 1/2 off special! So if money was stopping you from saving a life, it's no longer an issue!21 hours ago
Thank you so much Lori Flanary, Danielle Weinberg, Leonard Sedoryk, & Sandy McKinney for your sponsorship donations!!!!
- The sweet little dog who was thrown from the car today was just sponsored by Sandy McKinney so her adoption is free to an approved home!!!22 hours ago
- We have a wonderful group of followers on Facebook & we are once again asking for your help. This gorgeous, extremely emaciated girl was just brought in by a good Samaritan who saw her get tossed out of a moving charcoal gray truck with Virginia tags at the Crows exit.23 hours ago
She desperately needs a home asap. She is very thin so her immune system is weakened & her chances of getting sick here are high. She will be a small dog & even though she has been through so much she is still extremely sweet!
Can someone give this girl the love that she deserves?