The Greenbrier Humane Society was established in 1965, and incorporated in 1986 as a non-profit organization. Since its formation, the GHS has grown with the needs of the rural communities it serves. The Greenbrier Humane Society coordinates several programs. These programs include the spay/neuter program, adoption, lost & found and educational programs with area schools.
Our Mission Statement
The Primary mission of the Greenbrier Humane Society is to protect animals from neglect, abuse and exploitation: to advocate for their interest and welfare: and to inspire awareness and compassion for all living things.
- Charity is the last of her litter still looking for her forever home. Her mom is a Lab/Shepard mix and her father is unknown. We estimate she'll grow to about 50 lbs. She love playing with her toys and is quite the snuggled when she tires herself out!23 minutes ago
- The Greenbrier Humane Society is temporarily closing its cat room for both intakes and adoptions due to an unknown respiratory illness. We are working with an infectious disease specialist from Virginia Tech who has advised us that this is the appropriate action to take for the safety of our cats. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to our community and appreciate your understanding of our efforts to eliminate this disease from our present cat population.44 minutes ago
- Today's Stats:19 hours ago
Intakes: 1 Dog ( Chico), 3 cats, 5 kittens, and 1 Rabbit
Adoptions: 3 lab puppies (Maximus, Joy, & Elijah), Roxie (aka Precious), Abby, and the Rabbit (Named Bunny, lol)
- We still have a few sponsorship spots open!22 hours ago
- 22 hours ago
- https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-1/c18.104.22.168/p100x100/10653879_788026284568864_3002937133339436494_n.jpg?oh=b65b194c6266e67940a65b9b72eb7080&oe=54E27A5C&__gda__=1421408332_f1cbe3ea4f87e4b3fb7fc7e2be4fc03e1 day ago
Greenbrier Humane Society
We have an immediate part-time position available for a kennel technician. Must be available to work weekends & holidays. Some heavy lifting required. Must have reliable transportation & a genuine affection for animals. To fill out an application stop by our facility on Route 60 & ask for Farren.