The Greenbrier Humane Society was established in 1965, and incorporated in 1986 as a non-profit organization. Since its formation, the GHS has grown with the needs of the rural communities it serves. The Greenbrier Humane Society coordinates several programs. These programs include the spay/neuter program, adoption, lost & found and educational programs with area schools.
Our Mission Statement
The Primary mission of the Greenbrier Humane Society is to protect animals from neglect, abuse and exploitation: to advocate for their interest and welfare: and to inspire awareness and compassion for all living things.
- Cocker Spaniel / Labrador Retriever mix puppies available immediately! First come, first serve. NO HOLDS. All males except the black female. $30 adoption fee today & tomorrow!!!28 minutes ago
- We know that you don't like to hear it & we definitely don't like to say it but, euthanasias will HAVE to happen at 5pm today if we don't move some animals out of here... We are WAY over our maximum capacity on cats in particular. We need adopters, rescues, and/or fosters ASAP!!!! PLEASE help us keep up our record of ZERO euthanasias for space in almost 6 months! We have 4 litters of kittens & their mommas who need fostered for a few weeks & 5 dogs going to rescue that need fostered as well!! We are begging that anyone who can help out please step up & help save lives! Contact us at 304-645-4775 or email@example.com for more information or with any questions2 hours ago
Got mice? We've got you covered! FREE cat & kitten adoptions & $30 dog/puppy adoptions now through 5pm Saturday (8/30/14)!!! The shelter is FULL & we haven't euthanized for space in almost 6 months!! Please adopt & save a life!!!
- 13 hours ago
Puppies vs. Door Stoppers - the ultimate compilation - Three Million Dogs
This video will make your day.
- Got mice? We've got you covered! FREE cat & kitten adoptions & $30 dog/puppy adoptions now through 5pm Saturday (8/30/14)!!! The shelter is FULL & we haven't euthanized for space in almost 6 months!! Please adopt & save a life!!!20 hours ago
- $20 adoptions with the donation of a 15lb bag or larger of Purina or Pedigree dog/cat/kitten/puppy food ALL DAY TODAY ONLY (8/28/14)!!!! We are WAY over capacity & need to clear some cages by 5pm today! Adopt a shelter pet & save a life!!!1 day ago
- We need fosters by 5pm Saturday (8/30/14)!!! So far we have NONE!!!1 day ago
***DOGS NEEDING FOSTER***
These dogs are being pulled by an awesome rescue & we need to find them foster homes until the rescue can get them transported up north! Average foster time is 4 to 6 weeks. All dogs will be fully vetted - Spayed/neutered, vaccinated, dewormed, microchipped, heartworm tested & on preventative (unless testing positive, then they will be on treatment), treated for fleas, & have a full fecal analysis. This is a great way to save a life without making a lifetime commitment! If you can foster please contact Sarah at the shelter asap! 304-645-4775 or firstname.lastname@example.org